Thursday 14 February 2008

Apologies and Explanation

So, no posts for nearly a fortnight, but thanks to the precarious state of my love-life I find myself with more than enough time on Valentine's Day to write this. The hunt is over, I got the job in Canterbury and it starts next month. I have relinquished my status as dole monkey: I'm now merely 'between jobs.' I'm looking forward to the new job - the company seems like a good one and the people I've met that I'll be working with all appeared to be human and pleasant.

That leaves the question of what happens to the blog. I suppose the logical thing to do would be just to wind it up, but I've never been a particularly big fan of logic. Instead I thought I might follow the example set by so many media outlets over the last couple of years and just make it up. So, ignore everything that I wrote above and enjoy the continuing tales of Yosser Hughes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! Congratulations on the job and your renewed status as 'member of society'.

I did envy your doley ways though. I suspect you will look back on your doley days fondly and will, more than once, pine for the days that you didn't have a job. If it wasn't for the lead-weighted albatross that is my mortgage, there are times I'd quite like to be on the dole. I'm too fond of buying stuff though (I'm a materialistic little prick). It'd never work for long.

Still, though...

Steve Kane said...

Scab.