Wednesday 9 January 2008

Here we go again

I wrote a blog like this a couple of years ago when I was living in Tokyo and looking for a job. I'm now back in the UK and going through the whole rigmarole again. The last time I lived in the UK I signed on, and one of the requirements was that I keep a diary of the jobs I'd applied for. Given that we're five years down the line and blogging is the new __________ (insert your own witty way of finishing this sentence) I felt that this was one way to keep track of the hoops I have to jump through in order to get gainful employment. As I said in my profile, I'm not stupid and I have experience in a variety of areas. I'm willing to relocate if necessary and I'm not afraid of hard work. It surely shouldn't be that difficult then, should it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new...
Way to avoid working in work?
Waterboarding?
Method of relieving haemorrhoid itch?
Shite?


Nice to see you back in whatever guise. Consider yourself linked.

Yosser Hughes said...

I think the first and second options are the best. Certainly reading some of the blogs out there is akin to torture. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

The New...

...Tom O'Connor
...American Century
...Crochet
...Bomb Turks

Anonymous said...

...craze that's sweeping the nation

Yosser Hughes said...

Not sure I like the idea of a new Tom O' Connor - the old one was bad enough. Crochet perhaps.