Wednesday 30 January 2008

Hang on a minute

I may have been too quick to damn the British rail system. The train I'm on left on time, is fairly comfortable (at least at the table seats - the airline seats are a bit cramped), has electrical sockets at each pair of seats and, best of all, has free wi-fi. Hell, even Japanese trains never had that. Had I known this I would have brought the papers with me and applied for some more of the jobs I'd circled. Ah well. At least using the East Coast line four times in the next week seems far less of a trial than it was (although I'm sure this outburst of positivity has damned all my subsequent journeys).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck me; supertrains! Lucky if there's a working toilet on them over here.

You don't have to go lording it over the rest of us with your fancy-pants trains and your conductors who'll give you a reach-around. Bastard.

Steve Kane said...

You got lucky, punk. Give it time. I suggest you try getting a train into then out of Oxford. Oh, you will learn such sweet new definitions of "rail rage".

Yosser Hughes said...

Looks like the new job will involve a fair bit of travel, probably by train. That being the case I'm sure there'll be posts bemoaning the utter crapitude of the various rail networks throughout the UK (and Ireland - my new company has an office in sunny Dublin).